Tuesday, January 10, 2017

2016 Gifts

As I mentioned before, I painted and finished a few figures before Christmas for my sister and her sons. The spray finish was difficult to achieve given the weather (a high temp of just below 10 Celsius, and rainy), but a portable electric space heater got the job done at last.

First are the two Bloodbowl Orcs I painted for my American Football mad nephews.

Orcland Raiders, Stealers, Bloodbowl, Thrower


The figure I painted for my sister is one I previewed in December, namely the Copplestone Casting Henry VIII figure. I bought this figure to paint for her about 10 years ago, but never managed to finish it due to some issues with replicating the classic Hans Holbien the Younger painting it is based on.

Henry VIII, 8



All three figures were given magnetic bases, and placed into golf ball boxes.  Why one would want to collect golf balls in tiny plastic boxes, I will never know, but they work great for single figures!


No comments: