Monday, August 19, 2024

Quick 40k Game

For my birthday, the main thing that the kid wanted to do was play 40k with me.  You would think that what I wanted would have primacy on a day that is supposed to be about me, but not the case.

We set up the game mat that I made a few years ago, and a couple of small armies.  The kid took an Ultramarine scouting unit, which had a pseudo-dreadnaught, snipers, two squads of guys (one deepstriking) and a small squad of flying guys with autocannon.  I can never remember new marine squad names.  I played Eldar, and took one squad of guardians, two of wraithguard, a farseer, and a squad of rangers. The farseer was shamefully on an unpainted base AND was only about 80% painted, but somehow he did not get killed? 

Board setup, with objectives which garnered points for camping on them

marines being hacked to death by robots piloted by ghosts, and then shot by more robots piloted by ghosts.  Eldar are cool. 

As usual, I forgot to take many pictures, and we ran out of time to finish before my parents came over for dinner, but it was a fun game, even if I did have to ask for clarification about the interaction of CP/Army/Detachment/unit rules with the opposing army CP/Army/Detachment/unit rules about 100 times. 

It did get me painting more units, or rather finishing more units I started last year.  So maybe that is a good thing? 

2 comments:

Stew said...

The things we do for our children. It’s a rough time on occasion. lol
Hope you had a good birthday.
I don’t know any names in 40k of units. Just like napoleonics. 😀😀

Lasgunpacker said...

Shouldn't you know the names of Napoleonic units because they are the same as AWI and ACW units? ;)