Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Remembering Cadia

Some of the chaps about the blogging world are taking the opportunity to "Remember Cadia", which as you may be aware was recently destroyed by Chaos. (or will be in the far dark future that is Warhammer 40k)

I happened to have an unfinished Cadian infantry squad myself, which I had originally bought with the idea of making it an armored fist squad in my Imperial Guard army. (armored fist squads were mounted in Chimera AFVs, and purchased separately from the regular platoons in the codex of the era)

Unusually for the time period, I actually painted the figures about 90% of the way complete, needing only some ink, highlights, and of course basing.  I believe that I painted these about 14 years ago, and they have actually been used in a game (pulverized by an assault squad of Space Marines).

Starting status
As you can see most of the base colors have been completed, and while it may be hard to make out in this shot, the figures even have painted eyes, something I gave up about the same time as these were last worked on.

Fast forward through a couple of paint sessions, and here we are.

Now just awaiting some suitable weather for a matte coat, some grass tufts/flock, and good to go.

3 comments:

Asslessman said...

Remember Cadia. ;)

Mike C said...

Never forget Cadia!

Maj. Guiscard said...

Remember Cadia!

Nicely completed