Friday, October 25, 2013

WIP Neo-Soviets

The last couple of weeks, I have been very slowly painting my Copplestone Neo-soviets.  These have been partly painted for something like four years, so it was time to get them done.  I finally decided I would just go with a camo pattern, and not just wonder about what would be best.  Naturally it is completely washed out in the picture, but it is there.  I also tried a stamping technique for the base camo color, but ultimately decided it did not work quite right.

Not very good picture, washed out by full sunlight
I really like these figures, and wish they were not quite so expensive so that I could have a reinforced platoon of them [they currently cost around ~$3 a figure shipped, so not terrible, but costs do mount up when you want to get 40ish figures].

Going forward, I plan to add some snow to the bases, and will be using the new GW flesh wash for the first time, so there are a few learning experiences yet to come.

No comments: