Thursday, August 29, 2019

15mm Skirmish Plans

I moved my desk again recently, which gave me the chance to tidy up a bit and photograph  my 15mm skirmish force that I previewed in the last post. 

Shown are a German Panzergrenadier platoon (Battlefront metal figures) and support assets (nearly all Old Glory cast Command Decision).

The three squads of the platoon are based on what I will euphemistically call "19mm copper clad zinc disks", with larger versions of the disks for the machine gun teams.  The best part about this basing is that it cost mere pennies. Then I increased the cost by buying self-adhesive magnetic disks, which you can see to the right of the picture.  PzG platoons are small and thus brittle, but very shooty with all those machine guns. (and I had them on hand)

Additional Company/Battalion/Regimental/Divisional assets:
Under officer, panzerfausts, sniper, MMG squad, LeIg 74, PAK 40, Stug III (with gun variations), Panzer IV H, Panther, SdKfz 222, a standard SdKfz 251 and a 251/10 commander's vehicle (with 37mm gun), and a couple of kubelwagens.

I clearly like all of the additional assets!  Happily, everything here except the MMG squad was drawn from my reserves of miniatures, since 13 years ago or so I had the idea that I would like to play Flames of War and bought a couple of kilograms of metal to that end. The grey painted Panzer IV and the SdKfz 251 have been on my painting desk since then...

What I do not have are on board mortars, forward observers, medic, or any panzerschreck teams.  Or terrain, rules, or an opposing force...

10 comments:

TamsinP said...

Somehow I'd missed that you were back blogging. I wish you a belated welcome back! :)

What rules are these going to be for? Chain of Command?

Lasgunpacker said...

Thanks Tasmin. It has been a while, so I expected to fall off the radar a bit!

Chain of Command seems like where I want to go, although I suspect that a force for Bolt Action is nearly the same.

Dai said...

Funnily enough, I have a platoon of 15mm Brits on pennies and a whole slew of support elements that could face off against your lot. Stew has even more in his collection that he uses for Chain of Command.

Dai said...

O and I can supply the Chain of Command rulebook in pdf format if you're interested? Email me and let me know.

Lasgunpacker said...

Yes, I hoped you would have a few spare FOW things to single base and fight the boche.

Ooh, Stew already does Chain of Command? Yes, I will be emailing.

Stew said...

Nice collection in the starting phases there.

Oh yes, I’m dabbled in CoC, it’s a great game that takes forever to play. My CoC stuff are German like yours but there’s no reason it can’t be played with my American still on their FoW bases. Though it’s been a long term project of mine to get them on single bases. 😀

FourEyedMonster said...

Most of my WW2 stuff is in 1/35 scale but it'll be interesting to see how these look once you finish painting them.

Lasgunpacker said...

@Stew FoW basing should work out fine, and could provide an incentive to get things rebased.

@FourEyedMonster - Not nearly as good as yours!

Bola Pelangi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
siapalu said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.