Friday, July 7, 2017

Long Awaited Landsknechts

Warlord finally released their plastic landsknechts, over two and a half years after they were sculpted for Pro Gloria.  After Pro Gloria sold out to Warlord, the kit seemed to languish in development, until today!

Originally the Pro Gloria release was going to have 24 figures, with 20 regular pikemen/spearmen/halberds and four command, but it appears that when Warlord reworked the figures, they increased the total number to 30, while altering the options to allow you to build either entirely pike or a few Arquebusiers (and reducing the number of heads available as well)



These seem to be well suited for their intended purpose, and would also go nicely in an old school Warhammer Fantasy Battle Empire army, which is where any I bought would end up.  Unfortunately with the demise of WHFB, sort of a low priority for me (and I have half a dozen regiments to paint first anyway) but something I will certainly keep an eye on.

5 comments:

Dai said...

They look like really decent sculpts, but I'll be buggered before I attempt to paint those. So damned fiddly, I'd go mad for sure!

Heisler said...

I have a bunch of dwarf miniatures languishing in boxes since the demise of WHFB. Although to be honest I haven't enjoyed WHFB since about the third edition. I think I can avoid these Landsknects for now they aren't going to be a good fit in my Danish army.

DeanM said...

I sold off my WHFB Empire army a few years ago, but these would've fit in well. It would be cool if these were plastic too.

Sean said...

Look good to me. One day, when I swing back around to Empire, I will get these. If you played Oldhammer you could still be playing 3rd Ed. ;)

Merijn said...

I think I actually tried funding these through Kickstarter, unfortunately the plastic heap is spilling over so I'll have to finish some other stuff before taking something like this on.