Friday, February 3, 2017

Loyalist Primarch... in 40k

For some people, one of the most interesting parts of the Warhammer 40k universe is the Primarchs, the giant genetic forefathers of the Space Marines.  There has long be interest in using them in Warhammer 40k games, particularly after their introduction as playable figures in the Horus Heresy (30k) game.  Most point to how they would be completely over powered, and take the "special character" problem to 11.  Which I guess for some people is the whole allure!

Something that has been rumored for a while is the return of a Loyalist Primarch to the 40k game.  This rumor was coupled with the introduction of a plastic Daemon Primarch (which happened with Magnus the Red)

Looks like the rumors were true:
Cypher,  Roboute Gulliman, and some random Grey Knight
This figure is not my cup of tea in the slightest (and I even like ol'Rowboat the character), and I am not a fan of how it changes the game setting, but I do like that Cypher... might have to get him just to paint.  Hooded marines always look cool (even if it is a bit daft).

Anyway, what do you think?

Updated:

1 comment:

Suber said...

Well, I mostly concur, the Roboute Guilliman mini is way too AoS to my taste, I don't fancy it at all. Cypher on the other hand looks great, IMO. I don't know, I think I liked it most when the awakening of the Primarchs was not even an issue, but part of the 40K mythology. I believe some things work better when insinuated from the backstage, overexposure makes them lose their magic, their appeal. Well, enough rantings, let's see what comes of all this.