Friday, August 27, 2021

Falcon II

I have been very busy in the past couple months with a variety of projects, few of them hobby related. (or even leisure related at all)

I am inching that Eldar falcon closer to finished though. 

I know that in this picture it looks like it is pretty  much at the same stage as previously, but in actuality all the major painting is done, and it is ready for decals and final assembly.  After all this I still really enjoy this kit, although not enough to build another one right now (which would not make sense list wise anyway).  I am sure that GW will release a new version of this tank "soon", since this is from 1996, but soon for Craftworld Eldar is probably middle of 2022 at least. 

This also shows the only free space on my painting desk, which is a problem in itself. 

8 comments:

Tony said...

You may be interested to read that I have just had a magazine article published in Wargames Illustrated - A Franco-Prussian railway station, which was inspired by your comments on my Blog some time ago. For more information, see the Blog or pick up the magazine.

Tony

https://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/2021/08/franco-prussian-war-railway-station.html

Dai said...

Looking good mate! I see the edge highlights etc. this floaty thing will look great on the tabletop for sure. Hope you get a little time soon to paint more!

Lasgunpacker said...

Thanks Dai!

I got some transfers on it, so now it just needs to be sealed up and have its base finished.

FourEyedMonster said...

Looks ready for its final touches. :) I am having trouble with workspace too, mainly because the missus and I now share my hobby-table was a work-from-home-table. I have been restricted to boring assemble and prime blog posts as I don't have the proper environment to paint at all. Hopefully I can get a folding-table to use as a temporary hobby table soon so I can get back to painting.

Lasgunpacker said...

@FourEyedMonster: Yes, hobby space is certainly an issue, particularly if you are using an airbrush, or anything messy.

Hopefully you can resolve that issue at least.

Stew said...

You definitely need more leisure time it seems. Nice job so far. Enjoying something but not enough to do it again is a normal state for me. 😀

tim said...

Cool! How are the rest coming along? I do hope there are some warriors that can RIDE in this falcon!?

Lasgunpacker said...

Tim, yes, something should come up this week about that.