Thursday, September 14, 2017

Tau Battlesuit

With the use of the Gamer's Grass, I was able to finally finish off my first Tau battlesuit, which was painted a while back, but lacked a finished base.  This is a conversion that I had planned when the Tau were new, but never got around to doing.  OK, so it has been a few years. I used one of the first model suits to build this guy, so it has limited posebility and weak ankles.

I added some rescue markings like on a fighter plane
Elongated head with rear antenna 

Gamer's Grass, sprue brick, and wrecked hardwood floor
You might be able to tell that I have cut off the jetpack and moved it in, as well as added the spinal antenna array. In addition I made a new head from bitz, and made the gun hand held rather than affixed to the forearm.

The original idea was to make over all of my battlesuits to this standard, but that still has not happened... so we will see what happens when I get there. (hopefully before I have owned them for 20 years)

2 comments:

Suber said...

Haha, now that you have begun, you cannot stop! We need to see more like this! :D

Siph_Horridus said...

That's good, like the flying jump pose. And makes the difference holding the weapon, I think that's better.