Monday, June 27, 2016

Vinyl Sampling - Part two

As mentioned in Part One, following Suber's lead, I selected a few Star Wars Miniatures for conversion to use in 40k.

The first figures I would like to show off are two "gangster" types I created from the following figures:

I cut the alien heads off of both of them, and in both cases replaced the left hand with a GW knife hand.

I also added a sort of a "purse" to the larger figure, as he needed to have something to carry his undoubtedly stolen goods in, and a shoulder pad.


The shorter guy got a new head, a sort of ribbed collar or closed hood, as well as a redone chest plate.


As you can see, neither has been based, and that will happen sometime in the future, and will follow my now standard basing scheme.

More to come in Part Three with the two pilot figures, and in Part Four a special character.

4 comments:

Mordian7th said...

Good stuff, man - really digging seeing these come together!

Unknown said...

Wow! Great idea and nice conversions! I made some good experience in recycling old (in this case HeroClix) figures myself. If you like take a look at my "Crowbar" (prior to that known as "Wrecker").

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dC4B7YN2naU/V0nZ3Lm0muI/AAAAAAAAC_0/7OezGWWFlD04Kiq0qCmHHY9My8BSnLljQCLcB/s640/crowbar.jpg

Hope you don't mind the link.

Lasgunpacker said...

Thanks guys, it was pretty easy to put together some spare figures to make them more 40k, the only hard part was finding figures beefy enough to work with even the most slender of GW parts...

Suber said...

Cool! I came through a similar process on mine, I'm looking for more inspiration in your pics!!