Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Converted Spiders

Way back at the end of 2011, I was planning to run a D&D game using miniatures, and as one does, I collected a bunch of various monsters to terrorize the poor players with.  Spiders are a natural fit for this, and I bought a few of the spiders from the then current Warhammer box (Battle of Skull Pass), got out the sharp knife, and produced the following monsters on 50mm bases:

The last picture shows the range of motion possible if you cut the legs off after splitting them apart.  The only ones which are particularly hard to separate are the rear legs closest to the abdomen. Really the hardest part of this conversion is getting the spiders to stick to the bases... and apparently painting them, since this is how they have languished for four plus years. 

3 comments:

Jonathan Marshall said...

I did something similar when these were released... Or at least I was going to. I cut them up with every intention of having a goblin spider rider unit with a lot of movement. And the bits have languished in a box ever since :(

Lasgunpacker said...

Well, as I said, I converted these and then they have languished... so we are really in the same boat!

Sebastian said...

Very cool, really like the creeping down from above version. Thanks for posting these LP :D